The UF EDGE is the distance learning program of the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering at the University of Florida. This program is a viable option for the graduate student who cannot participate in on-campus classes due to a multitude of reasons. Courses are offered via online delivery of all course lectures and materials. Information on the tuition & fees directly associated with the EDGE program can be found HERE.
Students interested in completing their Master of Science (M.S.) or Master of Engineering (M.E.) (both non-thesis) degrees via UF EDGE, must be admitted into the graduate program in the Industrial and Systems Engineering program. For application instructions, requirements, and deadlines, click HERE.
For instructions on setting up UF EDGE ProctorU, click HERE.
To apply, complete the ISE graduate application. Note any important deadlines for supporting documents.
Once complete, your application will be reviewed by the department and a letter will be sent to you electronically regarding the admission decision. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all appropriate materials are forwarded to the graduate school and the department. If you have any questions or concerns about your application, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Industrial and Systems Engineering Master’s Program via UF EDGE requires a completion of 31 credit hours of coursework, which consists of the following:
- You are required to take the 5 Systems Engineering core courses (16 credits) listed below
- ESI 6314 – Deterministic Methods in Operations Research (4 credits – only offered in Fall)
- ESI 6325 – Applied Probability Methods in Engineering (3 credits – only offered in Fall)
- ESI 6552 – Systems Architecture (3 credits)
- ESI 6553 – Systems Design (3 credits)
- ESI 6555 – Systems Management (3 credits)
- You are required to complete 15 credits (5 courses) of electives of your choice. For a list of all the UF EDGE courses, click HERE.
- You are also required to complete 1 project course (see list below). You are required to register for the project course during the term you plan to graduate or the term before you gradaute.
- ESI 6555 – Systems Management (Required core course)
- ESI 6552 – Systems Architecture (Required core course)
- ESI 6529 – Digital Simulation Techniques
- ESI 6553 – Systems Design (Required core course)
Are you a Non-degree seeking student? Click HERE for specific instructions and information on how to apply for a Non-Degree Seeking Program.