The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at UF strives to be:
- A resource for comprehensive ISE education and research training.
- A department with research thrusts and coursework covering a breadth of disciplines (Human-systems, operations research, smart manufacturing and production, supply chain and logistics systems).
- A department making use of advanced computing technology, cutting-edge programming languages, social media, data mining, AI, etc. to best support needs, interests, and training of students.
- Generating research results that make organized work and activities better for people and improve quality of life.
- Recruit outstanding and diverse faculty in critical methodological and demanding application areas.
- Create a world-class undergraduate curriculum for highly skilled and uniquely qualified candidates.
- Deliver high-demand professional degree and certificate programs.
- Develop center/institute level research activity in each research thrust area.
- Expand department interdisciplinary research.
- Increase department PhD student supervision and quality through practical research and teacher training.
- Increase ISE foundation support through new and expanding alumni and corporate relations.
Current Major Initiatives
- Hiring new faculty
- Increasing Undergraduate program competitiveness
- Graduate program enhancement and expansion
- Strengthening Department media
- Improving Alumni engagement