The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at UF strives to be:
- A resource for comprehensive ISE education and research training.
- A department with research thrusts and coursework covering a breadth of disciplines (Human-systems, operations research, smart manufacturing and production, supply chain and logistics systems).
- A department making use of advanced computing technology, cutting-edge programming languages, social media, data mining, AI, etc. to best support needs, interests, and training of students.
- An engine for scientific contributions with societal-level impact.
- Generating research results that make organized work and activities better for people and improve quality of life.
- Recruit outstanding and diverse faculty in critical methodological and demanding application areas.
- Create a world-class undergraduate curriculum for highly skilled and uniquely qualified candidates.
- Deliver high-demand professional degree and certificate programs.
- Develop center/institute level research activity in each research thrust area.
- Expand department interdisciplinary research.
- Increase department PhD student supervision and quality through practical research and teacher training.
- Increase ISE foundation support through new and expanding alumni and corporate relations.
Current Major Initiatives
- Hiring new faculty
- Increasing Undergraduate program competitiveness
- Graduate program enhancement and expansion
- Strengthening Department media
- Improving Alumni engagement
DEPARTMENT INCLUSION STATEMENT
Inclusive Excellence is the active process of including and respecting everyone as we strive for excellence and equitable outcomes in all we do at the University of Florida and in the ISE Department. Daily actions toward Inclusive Excellence are the responsibility of every one of us.
We pursue the “ABCs” of fostering Inclusive Excellence in ISE, including:
- Advocating for everyone’s success in the department.
- Being an ally to colleagues and others as we partner in research, teaching and service and pursue DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) initiatives.
- Celebrating the successes of everyone in the department.