Master’s Program Objectives
The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering’s Graduate Program’s mission is to provide our students with marketable skills as well as preparing them to pursue further graduate work and/or independent research. Studies at the master’s level culminates in the Master of Science (M.S.) or Master of Engineering (M.E.) degree. The M.E. degree requires an undergraduate engineering degree. The M.S. can be completed with or without a thesis.
Doctorate Program Objectives
The doctoral program in Industrial and Systems Engineering at the University of Florida covers the areas of data analytics, health systems engineering, human-systems engineering, operations research (including deterministic and stochastic processes), risk management and financial engineering, and supply chain and logistics systems. Application areas include energy systems, financial engineering, healthcare, manufacturing systems, security systems, supply chain management, and transportation systems.
Areas of Concentration
- Data Analytics
- Engineering Management
- Health Systems
- Human Systems
- Information Technology
- Operations Research
- Quantitative Finance
- Supply Chain & Logistics
Applicants must meet the UF Graduate School Requirements, as well as the ISE Graduate Program requirements.
To apply to the ISE Graduate Program, applicants must complete the following:
- Meet all UF Graduate School requirements
- Students are expected to have had undergraduate courses in the following areas
- Probability and/or statistics
- Matrix Methods
- Computer Programming
*Due to current admission examination testing difficulties amid the COVID-19 pandemic our Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, in sync with the UF Graduate School, is waiving the GRE requirement for applicants seeking Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer A/B/C 2021, or Fall 2021 admission. This temporary emergency waiver applies only to admission for those four semesters.
Careers in ise
Graduates from the Industrial & Systems Engineering program at the University of Florida go on to develop careers in many different industries. Below is a breakdown of where UF ISE students go after graduation.
- Industry Positions
- CSX, BNSF, GE, Expedia, Fresenius Medical Care, Google, Sabre, Bank of America, Deutsche Bank, American Express, Optym, Sandia, Walt Disney, Alstom, D-Wave, Siemens, United
- Academic Appointments
- Arizona State University, Arkansas, Buffalo, Houston, Iowa State, John Hopkins, Memphis, Michigan, North Dakota, Oklahoma State, University of Central Florida, University of Florida, Washington, Wichita State
- Postdoctoral Appointments
- John Hopkins, Massachusetts General Hospitals, Sandia, University of Florida
- Foreign Academic Appointments
- Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, Ecuador, China, Iran