MS Admission Requirements
To qualify as a student, the student must meet the UF Graduate School requirements, and then the ISE graduate program requirements. To qualify for admission to the UF Graduate School, the student must have maintained at least a 3.0 GPA during undergraduate study at an accredited college, or university, and must have satisfactory GRE scores.
To qualify for the ISE graduate program, the student must be meet the following admission requirements:
- Meet all UF Graduate School requirements listed above
- Students are expected to have had undergraduate courses in the following areas:
- Probability and/or statistics
- Matrix methods
- Computer programming
- Note, these prerequisites topics are generally covered in an undergraduate degree program in one of the engineering disciplines or in mathematics, statistics, physics, quantitative management, computer science, or similar fields
- Satisfactory GRE scores (additional scores required for international students, see below)*
- Quantitative: at least 155
- Verbal: at least 146
- Analytical: at least 4.0
- Provide supporting documents: Resume/CV, statement of purpose and 3 letters of recommendation
*International Students: In addition to these requirements, foreign students whose native language is not English are required to provide proof of language proficiency by taking one of the follow tests: the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and achieve a score of at least 550 (paper) or 80 (web); the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB), with a score of at least 77 or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), with a minimum score of 6. The Educational Testing Service (ETS) must send the GRE and TOEFL test results directly to the Graduate School. More information on the language proficiency requirements is accessible here.
For further questions regarding admissions requirements, please contact the ISE Academic Advising representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Ready to apply?
When you are ready to apply, remember that the graduate application process involves two offices, the Office of Admissions and the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering. To apply, click here!
Learn more: ISE MS programs
Click here to learn more about the ISE master’s program