Transfer Students from Other Departments at UF
Students from other departments at University of Florida may be admitted into our undergraduate program under the conditions below. However, meeting these conditions does not necessarily ensure admission into ISE.
- Their overall GPA is at least 2.5. (Recent students admitted to ISE have GPA significantly higher than 2.5.)
- They have not violated the critical-course requirements below:
- In no more than two attempts (withdrawals included), students must received a C or better in each of the following critical courses: COP 2271, MAC 2311, MAC 2312, MAC 2313, MAP 2302, PHY 2048 and PHY 2049. (Recent students admitted to ISE attempted each critical course only once and have grades that are substantially higher than C in all seven.)
- Based on the grade from the last attempt, the GPA among these critical courses must be at least 2.5. However, recent students admitted to ISE have critical-course GPA significantly higher than 2.5. (Recent students admitted to ISE have critical-course GPA significantly higher than 2.5.)
The following web sites provide information about industrial and systems engineering.
- Industrial Engineering at Disney World
- What is Industrial Engineering? (1)
- What is Industrial Engineering? (2)
- Industrial Engineering
Potential students should also attend some of current lectures in our core courses such as ESI4312: Operations Research 1, ESI4313: Operations Research 2, and ESI4327C: Matrix and Numerical Methods to see the level of mathematics used in our program.