The V. Mohan Scholarship is the result of an endowment established by Mr. Venkat Mohan and family in 2019. Mr. Mohan graduated from UF Industrial & Systems Engineering with a MS degree in 1976. He has over 40 years of work experience spanning venture capital, management consulting, mergers and acquisitions, and operations management. This scholarship provides support for ISE students with a demonstrated commitment to: a pluralistic community and a diverse student body; sensitivity to and understanding of racial, ethnic, gender, and other diversity issues in society; commitment to learning to better communicate across social lines of gender, race, ethnicity, generation, geography, and class; and strong academic merit and leadership potential.
A $1000 scholarship will be given annually to an ISE undergraduate student who:
- Has made significant contributions toward improving the ISE department, Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, or the University of Florida through their extracurricular activities
- Excels academically
- Has consistently helped other students achieve self-improvement
- An applicant must major in industrial and systems engineering with an overall GPA of at least 3.2
- An applicant must have completed at least 18 credit-hours of upper-division courses while classified as an ISE students
- An applicant must enroll as a full-time ISE student in at least one fall or spring semester following the award of the scholarship.
To apply, complete and submit this form.