The Linda Parker-Hudson Scholarship was established through an endowment from Linda Hudson circa 2012. Ms. Hudson received her B.S. in Systems Engineering from UF, with honors, in 1972. She was previously President and CEO of BAE Systems, Inc. and is a member of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE). This scholarship recognizes outstanding underrepresented students for leadership and global activities during undergraduate studies. Ms. Hudson is a world traveler and considers global activities and connections to be most valuable and important for career endeavors.
A $1000 scholarship will be given annually to an ISE undergraduate student who:
- Has made significant contributions toward improving the ISE department, Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, or the University of Florida through their extracurricular activities
- Excels academically
- Has consistently helped other students achieve self-improvement
- An applicant must major in industrial and systems engineering with an overall GPA of at least 3.2
- An applicant must have completed at least 18 credit-hours of upper-division courses while classified as an ISE students
- An applicant must enroll as a full-time ISE student in at least one fall or spring semester following the award of the scholarship.
To apply, complete and submit this form.