The Gordon M. Byrnes (Sales) Scholarship is a product of a gift from Mr. Byrnes and family that was combined with the Harbert S. Gregory endowment around 1999. Mr. Byrnes graduated from UF Industrial Engineering in 1942. He worked in sales engineering and said that during the course of his career he often felt the need for more training. With this in mind, he asked that a substantial donation be added to the Gregory Sales Engineering Endowment. Consequently, this scholarship is awarded to outstanding students with interests in sales/logistics engineering, engineering management, as well as entrepreneurship.
A $1000 scholarship will be given annually to an ISE undergraduate student who:
- Has made significant contributions toward improving the ISE department, Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, or the University of Florida through their extracurricular activities
- Excels academically
- Has consistently helped other students achieve self-improvement
- An applicant must major in industrial and systems engineering with an overall GPA of at least 3.2
- An applicant must have completed at least 18 credit-hours of upper-division courses while classified as an ISE students
- An applicant must enroll as a full-time ISE student in at least one fall or spring semester following the award of the scholarship.
To apply, complete and submit this form.