The Bachelor of Science Degree in ISE (or BS-ISE) at the University of Florida is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, the recognized U.S. accreditor of college and university programs in applied science, computing, engineering, and technology. For more information about ABET, please visit www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives:
Within five years of graduation, B.S. ISE graduates
- Are successful professionals using industrial and systems engineering skills,
- Acquire advanced knowledge through continuing education or advanced degree programs, and
- Are active leaders in their profession and/or community.
Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering uses outcome scorecards to directly assess whether students achieve the following ABET student outcomes.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Degree Data
Industrial and Systems Engineering
|Academic Year||Enrollment Year||Total Undergrad||Total Grad||Degrees Awarded|
|2017 - 2018||FT||16||65||87||112||118||398||63||103||72||1|
|2016 - 2017||FT||28||61||100||111||138||438||53||133||83||7|
|2015 - 2016||FT||22||73||105||113||166||479||58||150||66||7|
|2014 - 2015||FT||29||60||105||142||167||503||58||128||55||11|
|2013 - 2014||FT||20||86||140||153||177||576||98||120||136||14|