The Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Systems Engineering (or BS-ISE) at the University of Florida is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the Industrial Engineering and Systems Engineering program criteria.
Program Educational Objectives:
Within five years of graduation, B.S. ISE graduates
- Are successful professionals using industrial and systems engineering skills,
- Acquire advanced knowledge through continuing education or advanced degree programs, and
- Are active leaders in their profession and/or community.
Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering uses outcome scorecards to directly assess whether students achieve the following ABET student outcomes.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment and Degree Data
Industrial and Systems Engineering
|Academic Year||Enrollment Year||Total Undergrad||Total Grad||Degrees Awarded|
|2017 - 2018||FT||16||65||87||112||118||398||63||103||72||1|
|2016 - 2017||FT||28||61||100||111||138||438||53||133||83||7|
|2015 - 2016||FT||22||73||105||113||166||479||58||150||66||7|
|2014 - 2015||FT||29||60||105||142||167||503||58||128||55||11|
|2013 - 2014||FT||20||86||140||153||177||576||98||120||136||14|