A $750 scholarship will be given annually to an ISE undergraduate student who:
- is a junior or senior;
- has demonstrated excellent leadership and ethical traits as a student and mentor, in extracurricular activities, the community, or the work environment;
- has made significant contributions toward improving the ISE department, the Wertheim College of Engineering, or the University of Florida;
- has demonstrated commitment to making meaningful contributions to a pluralistic community and the continuation of a diverse student body;
- has shown sensitivity to and understanding of racial, ethnic, and gender issues in society;
- has demonstrated commitment to learning to better communicate across the social lines of gender, race, ethnicity, generation, geography and class;
- has demonstrated the ability to overcome educational, social or family disadvantages;
- excels academically (i.e., has high GPA);
- An applicant must major in Industrial and Systems Engineering with an overall GPA of at least 3.2.
- Financial need.
Application Deadline: Monday, February 19. To apply, complete and submit the form online. At end of the form, attach the following (as PDF or WORD documents):
- An essay describing your experience, explaining your excellent leadership and ethical traits as a student and mentor, in extracurricular activities, the community, or the work environment.
- A copy of resume that includes a list of extracurricular activities while at University of Florida.
- A copy of unofficial transcript from UF