Meet the UF ISE Staff

Will Gibson profile picture

Will Gibson

Associate Director

1. Where did you grow up?
    • Evinston, FL – a small town outside of Gainesville
  2. What is your academic background
    • I have a BS in Materials Science and Engineering and an MS in Management
  3. What are the current duties and responsibilities of your role?
    • In my role, I assist the department chair with managing the ISE’s finances. I also manage UF ISE’s fiscal and research administration operations and ensure administrative compliance within ISE
  4. What are your career aspirations?
    • My main career goal is to serve in a role in which my personality, skills and experience allow me to exceptionally fulfill my job duties while contributing to the “greater good” and maintaining a healthy work-life balance. I feel strongly that I am close to meeting those criteria within my current role, so I intend to serve the ISE department for the foreseeable future.

Ragen Tillery profile picture

Ragen Tillery

Research Administrator II

1. Where did you grow up?
    • I spent most of my childhood in Indianola, MS, a very small town in the Mississippi delta, before moving to Niceville, FL during high school.
  2. What is your academic background
    • I have an AA in history.
    • I’m the pre-award contact for ISE, EED, and the Engineering Innovation Institute (as needed).  Some of my duties include developing budgets, completing non-technical proposal documents, compiling final proposal submissions that are compliant with sponsor guidelines, and functioning as the liaison between faculty members and the Division of Sponsored Programs to facilitate proposal submissions.  Time permitting, I assist with post-award duties, such as serving as the custodian for human subject payments, processing award modifications, and project close-outs.
  4. What are your career aspirations?
    • I enjoy serving as the ISE Research Administrator and plan to remain in that role for the foreseeable future.  I’ll continue to take advantage of the training available in research administration and interpersonal skills in an effort to maintain the knowledge needed to be a trusted resource for my faculty and coworkers.