Why attend this career fair?
The ISE Career Fair is the only career fair opportunity at the University of Florida that specifically caters to students and alumni with experience in industrial and systems engineering. The large variety of companies that are attending are hoping to recruit from a pool of people with some kind of industrial engineering experience.
Students of all grade levels are encouraged to attend If you are a freshman or sophomore not yet looking for a job or internship, we hope you will attend anyway to take advantage of the opportunity to meet with potential future employers. Attending the career fair can be a great way to get your foot in the door and make a great first impression.
In-Person Career Fair
Virtual Career Fair
Please wear business casual attire. Dressing appropriately goes a long way. We suggest wearing something that would make sense for the industry but is still professional dress.
Avoid: ragged jeans, dirty sneakers, graphic T-shirts, flip-flops, shorts, or hats.
To learn more about the proper attire or to borrow some clothes, check out the Career Connections Center Molm Family Gator Career Closet.
**Backpacks, If backpacks are brought to the event, they must stay with you at all times. Any backpacks found unattended throughout the event space will be removed. we are not responsible for any lost or stolen items that are unattended.**
Tips For Success
- Register for the upcoming career fair
- Prepare your resume and get it critiqued at the Career Connections Center
- Research attending companies that you are interested in and have questions prepared for their representatives
- Practice your interviewing skills
- Be professional in your appearance and behavior
- When you enter the employer chat rooms, remember to speak respectfully, avoid shorthand, emojis, casual language
- When talking face-to-face with employers, be confident, look them in the eye, and speak with humble self-assurance
- Relax, have fun and enjoy the event
- Send follow-up thank-you emails to your interviewers
- Submit your resume and complete a job application online for the companies you are most interested in
- Be reachable for company employers to contact you via phone or email