Unrestricted access to a computer that meets or exceeds the minimum standards shown below. A laptop may occasionally be needed for use during class weekends.
- 8 GHz processor or faster
- 60 GB hard drive or larger
- 1 GB or more of RAM (minimum of 2 GBs for Windows Vista)
- DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive
- Multimedia support including speakers and/or headphones
- Lithium Ion Battery (for laptops)
- 56Kbps V.90 modem
- Network card
- Wireless network card – 802.11 b/g or n standard (for laptops)
Uniformity of applications software among students is critical. Group collaboration on projects is often required; students can more easily share documents and help each other if all are using the same software. Further, students and instructors often exchange data electronically, so it is important that students and instructors use the same products. The following software will be necessary for successful participation in the OEM program:
- Windows XP Home/Professional or Windows Vista
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (download free from Microsoft at microsoft.com/windows/)
- Microsoft Office 2003 (or Microsoft Office 2007) with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Purchasing a Computer:
The Warrington College of Business Administration has made arrangements to offer special pricing on computer purchases that meet or exceed the OEM hardware requirements. Students are not required to purchase from a specific vendor, but the following links provide some purchasing options.*
- Dell. The following link provides an “Auto-Login” feature that will enter the Warrington College of Business Administration Account Code and Access Key for you. The first time you enter the site you will be asked to create a new Dell Personal Profile by providing your name, email address, and a password that is unique to you. On subsequent visits, you will log directly into your Premier Dell site, without having to re-enter any information.
- The UF Bookstore.