We are currently accepting applications for the next program offering, which will begin in August 2018. We have not yet established the next series of application deadlines, but it will be posted here once the deadlines are established. The first deadline is expected to be in mid-March 2018.
The next program begins in August 2018. For prerequisite information, please visit the Admissions Requirements page of our site. After all of your materials are received and processed, a personal interview or a telephone interview with an admissions representative may be required. If so, we will contact you to arrange a convenient time.
If you have previously been admitted to and attended a graduate, postbaccalaureate, or professional program at the University of Florida, please refer to these special instructions.
1. Complete the online application.
Please complete the online application (see link below) and submit your payment for the $30 non-refundable application fee after reviewing the following notes about each section that you will find on the application.
When you enter the application system, please note the menu items near the top of the page. These items will appear orange if that page is incomplete, and turn blue when the page is completed. When all pages are completed, and all items are blue, you can select “Submit” from the legend to complete the submission and fee payment processes.
- Personal Info: Please complete this section in its entirety.
- Special Programs Info: Please skip this section.
- Degree Program: Please complete this section as follows:
- Intended Term and Year: Fall (August) 2018
- Degree Goal: Master’s
- Program of Study: Industrial and Systems Engineering-Outreach Engineering Management Program (OEM)
- Program specialization: (leave blank)
- Department contact name: Patsy Messinger
- Personal Statement: When composing your 400-500 word essay, please address the following topics:
- Why you selected the University of Florida and the OEM Program of the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering.
- Which personal qualities best support your success in the OEM Program and your subsequent career.
- Describe a position that would be ideal for you after you complete the OEM Program.
- Education and Activities: Please complete this section in its entirety. You have the option of uploading your résumé or emailing it separately to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is also an option at the bottom of the page to upload a copy of your transcript. Uploaded transcripts are not considered official, but will help to expedite the processing of your file while we await the official transcripts, which applicants must order (as indicated in Section 3A below).
- Residency Affidavit: All applicants must complete this section, regardless of residency status. Your residency classification will not affect the amount of your OEM program fees.
- Recommendations: We require two recommendations, but will accept more than two. These should be completed by someone in a position to assess your ability to succeed in the program. If the recommendations are not completed by a direct supervisor or client, then they should be completed by someone at your most recent job, or a former professor who can objectively evaluate your career progress and leadership qualities. We prefer that you use the online tool to submit your recommendations, but will also accept recommendations that come to us directly from your recommendor (i.e., not through you). If using the online tool is not desired, your recommendors can email a traditional letter of recommendation to us (email@example.com) directly from a professional/business email account (i.e., not Yahoo, Gmail, etc.). If you need to consult with your potential recommendors to request permission to include them as references, you may go ahead and submit your application and then log back later to update this section with the recommendor information.
2. Notify the OEM office that you have applied.
It is important that you notify us that you have submitted your application. Please send an email that includes your full name and a phone number at which you can be reached in case questions/problems arise with your submission. If you have outstanding items (such as GRE scores or recommendor information that will need to be added later), please explain the status of those outstanding items (e.g., supply us with your intended test date) in the body of the email, so we will know what to expect. Please send the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Submit the following additional documents.
A. Official Academic Transcripts. If you attended school at the University of Florida, it is not necessary for you to have that transcript sent to us. We will be able to access your UF record internally. For every other college, university, or professional school which you have attended, please send us an official transcript even if you did not earn a degree there (unless all of the coursework you completed there appears on a transcript from a school at which you did earn a degree, and the grades for that coursework is reflected on the other transcript; if this is the case, then we do not need to receive the transcript from the school from which you did not earn a degree). If you have questions about this, please email your question to us at email@example.com. If your transcript does not reflect a degree that you earned from that institution, you will be required to provide us with an official diploma or degree statement for degree verification purposes.
Please request that the transcript(s) be sent to the following address:
University of Florida
303 Weil Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611
If your school offers the option of sending electronic transcripts, please note that the University of Florida only accepts electronic transcripts managed by the services e-SCRIP-SAFE, Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse and Faster. If sending electronic transcripts via one of these four carriers, please note that the transcripts must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic transcripts sent from other carriers will not be treated as official transcripts. Similarly, if electronic transcripts from one of the above carriers are emailed directly to the OEM Program office then they cannot be treated as official. They can only be accepted if emailed to email@example.com. Thank you for your cooperation with this university policy.
B. Official GRE Score Report. The University of Florida requires the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test for admission to graduate programs in engineering. GMAT or other similar tests cannot substitute for the GRE. More information about this computer-based test is available online (www.gre.org) or by calling 1-800-GRE CALL (1-800-473-2255). Please see the Admissions Requirements page for minimum score requirement information. When reporting your official scores to us, please use institution code 5812 and department code 1301 (Industrial Engineering). The GRE is only one of several factors that are used to determine admission to ISE graduate programs, and is rarely the primary determining factor. If you have taken the GRE in the past five years, the Education Testing Service can provide us with the official scores upon your request. If you took the GRE more than five years ago and had your scores reported to UF at that time, please contact the OEM office to confirm if your scores are on file. Applicants who have already earned an approved advanced degree (e.g., a master’s or doctoral degree in a technical discipline) may not be required to submit GRE scores. Typically, applicants will not need to retake the GRE if they have a master’s degree from a regionally accredited program that requires the GRE or GMAT for admission. It is acceptable to submit your application without yet having taken the GRE, but if you do so, please inform us of your expected timeline for taking the test. We will not be able to process an admission without official GRE scores (or a waiver based on an existing advanced degree, as described above).
C. Current Photo. Please submit a current passport-style photo saved in JPEG format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are admitted, your photo will be used to create an official student i.d. card, and will be included in a class picture book, which will be distributed to all incoming OEM students and faculty.
D. Résumé. If you did not upload your résumé via the online application system, please email it to: email@example.com.
The following application items may also be required for international students:
- Official TOEFL Score Report: If English is not your native language and if you have not been enrolled for one year or longer at an institution in an English-speaking country, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required. Residents of US territories and protectorates must submit TOEFL scores.
- An official degree statement or diploma. If your official academic transcripts and diploma or Certification Statement of Degree Confirmation is not in English, then you will also be required to provide us with an original certified English translation of these documents.