- University of Florida Term Professorship 2017-2019
- Promoted to Full Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering 2015
- Doctoral Dissertation Advisor/Mentor Award, College of Engineering, University of Florida, 2014-2015
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award 2010
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award 2008
- Operations Research Program
- July 2014: UF’s IIE Chapter, the Institute of Industrial Engineers, received the Gold Student Chapter Recognition Award for the 2013-2014 academic year (Faculty Advisor: Yongpei Guan; Student President: Amadeus Spirk). This is the 13th consecutive year in which the chapter has received this honor. Student chapters across the country are evaluated on their meetings, events, community outreach, membership development, and regional/institute participation. The Gold Award is the highest honor that a chapter can achieve.
- April 2014: Qianfan Wang took third place for the prestigious 2014 Pritsker Doctoral Dissertation Award from the Institute of Industrial Engineers for his dissertation entitled “Two-Stage Chance and Expected Value Constrained Stochastic Unit Commitment: Formulations, Algorithms and Case Studies”. The award recognizes outstanding doctoral dissertation research in industrial engineering. He was honored at the IIE Annual Conference held in May 2014 in Montreal, CA. The first and second places were taken by Dr. Murat Kurt graduated from the University of Pittsburgh (advised by Professor Andrew J. Schaefer) and Dr. Kaibo Liu graduated from Georgia Tech (advised by Professor Jianjun Shi).
- October 2013: Ruiwei Jiang took first place for the prestigious 2013 George Nicholson Student Paper Competition from the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences, for his paper entitled Data-Driven Chance Constrained Stochastic Program, co-authored with his adviser, Yongpei Guan. This competition is held each year to identify and honor outstanding student papers in the field of operations research and the management sciences for the whole society. He was honored at the INFORMS National Meeting in October 2013 in Minneapolis, MN. This year’s competition received the largest number of submissions (over 80s) in history. There were eight finalists (Columbia (1), Cornell (1), Georgia Tech (1), MIT (2), Stanford (2) and UF (1)) in total honored in the conference including one first place, one second place, and two honorable mentions. Before joining in our department, Ruiwei obtained his Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering from Tsinghua University, China in 2009. After graduation, he immediately joined the University of Arizona as a tenure-track assistant professor.
- July 2013: UF’s IIE Chapter, the Institute of Industrial Engineers, received the Gold Student Chapter Recognition Award for the 2012-2013 academic year (Faculty Advisor: Yongpei Guan; Student President: Daniel Schra). This is the 12th consecutive year in which the chapter has received this honor. Student chapters across the country are evaluated on their meetings, events, community outreach, membership development, and regional/institute participation. The Gold Award is the highest honor that a chapter can achieve.
- July 2013: Ruiwei Jiang was awarded the “best student paper award” from the 13th international conference on stochastic programming held in Bergamo, Italy, July 8-12, 2013.The stochastic programming conference is held every three years and the best student award is the only award provided by this conference. Two students are awarded this time: one for “best student paper for modeling” and the other for “best student paper for theory”. Ruiwei Jiang was awarded the “best student paper for theory” award for his paper entitled “Data Driven Chance-Constrained Stochastic Program.” The “best student paper for modeling” award goes to Dr. Ali Koç for his paper entitled “Prioritization via stochastic optimization”, who graduated from the University of Texas in 2010, under the supervision of Professor David Morton.
- May 2013: Jing Ma won the 2013 Best Paper Award in the Production Planning and Scheduling Track at the 2013 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference. The paper, “Quantity Discount Mechanisms in a Two-level Supply Chain,” was presented during the Annual Conference of the Institute of Industrial Engineers, which was held from May 18 through the 22 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- May 2012: Chaoyue Zhao won the best student paper award for her paper entitled “Two-stage Robust Optimization for Power Grid with Uncertain Demand Response” from the Computer and Information Systems Division of the Institute of Industrial Engineers for this year’s Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference held in Orlando.
- May 2011: Zhili Zhou took second place for the prestigious 2011 Pritsker Doctoral Dissertation Award from the Institute of Industrial Engineers for her dissertation entitled “Multi-Stage Discrete Optimization Under Uncertainty and Lot-Sizing”. The award recognizes outstanding doctoral dissertation research in industrial engineering. She was honored at the IIE Annual Conference held in May 2011 in Reno, NV. The first place was taken by Dr. Matthew Robbins, graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (advised by Professor Sheldon Jacobson).
- April 2014: Chaoyue Zhao won the 2014 Outstanding Research Award from the UF Graduate Student Council (GSC) for her outstanding research accomplishment on developing innovative stochastic optimization methods to integrate renewable energy into smart grid systems. GSC offers awards for Outstanding Research by a graduate student, Outstanding Service by a graduate student, Outstanding Service by a faculty, and Outstanding Service by a staff. Chaoyue was the only one for the Outstanding Research Award by a graduate student for the whole university. She was honored on April 15 in Turlington Hall.
- November 2011: Qianfan Wang won the 2011 UFIC Outstanding International Student Award.
- May 2011: Zeidee Pineda won the 2011-2012 University Scholar Award for her project entitled “Analysis on the Future of Renewable Energy in Florida.”