Links to Research Profiles
Peer-Reviewed Journal Publications
1. Alvarado, M., Cotton, T., Ntaimo, L., Pérez, E., and Carpentier, W. “Modeling and simulation of oncology clinic operations in discrete event system specification.” SIMULATION (2017). DOI: 10.1177/0037549717708246. ( Editor’s Choice Paper February 2018 )
2. Alvarado, M., Foster, M., Gonzalez, P., Ortega, P., Kum, H., and Lawley, M. “Barriers to implementation of remote health technologies for diabetes care: a systematic review.” J Med Internet Res 2017;19(2):e28.
3. Alvarado, M. and Ntaimo, L. “Chemotherapy appointment scheduling under uncertainty using mean-risk stochastic integer programming”. Sept. 2016. Health Care Management Science. DOI: 10.1007/s10729-016-9380-4. ( Awarded 1st Place in 2017 INFORMS MIF Paper Competition )
4. Alvarado, M., Ntaimo, L., Banerjee, B., and Kianfar, K. “Reducing pediatric medication errors: A survey and taxonomy.” IIE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering, 2.2 (2012): 142-155.
Submitted To Refereed Journals
1. Ntaimo, L., Alvarado, M., and Lulli, G. “Fenchel disjunctive decomposition for mean-risk stochastic mixed-integer programs.” Submitted to Journal of Global Optimization, in revision for 3rd review.
2. Khatami, M., Alvarado, M., Kong, N., Parikh, P., and Lawley, M. “Optimal inpatient discharge planning under uncertainty.” Submitted to MSOM, under revision.
3. Ejaz, I., Alvarado, M., Gautam, N., Gebraeel, N., and Lawley, M. “Analysis of a queueing system with a single-degrading server.” Submitted to, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering.
4. Alvarado, M., Zhang, Y., and Lawley, M. “Need for an Incentive Mechanism to Effectively Reduce Hospital Readmissionsl.” Submitted to IISE Transactions, under revision.
Manuscripts In Preparation
1. Alvarado, M. and Ntaimo, L. “Integrated simulation and optimization for oncology clinic operations.” Target journal: IIE Transactions.
1. Alvarado, M., Lawley, M., & Li, Y. (2016, December). Healthcare simulation tutorial: methods, challenges, and opportunities. In Proceedings of the 2016 Winter Simulation Conference (pp. 236-247). IEEE Press.
2. Alvarado, M., Zhang, Y., and Lawley, M. “Hospital readmission reduction strategies using a penalty-incentive model.” In Proceedings of the 2016 IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Anaheim, CA. May 21-24, 2016. Paper no. 1596: 1-6.
3. Igbinoba, O., Ly, M., Alvarado, M., Avnet, M., and Lawley, M. “Enablers and barriers to remote health technologies: a stakeholder analysis.” In Proceedings of the 2016 IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Anaheim, CA. May 21-24, 2016. Paper no. 1425: 1-6.
4. Ly, M., Igbinoba, O., Alvarado, M., Avnet, M., and Lawley, M. “Socio-technical challenges to the adoptions of remote technologies in healthcare.” In Proceedings of the 2016 Conference on Systems Engineering Research, Huntsville, AL. Mar. 22-24, 2016. Pages 1-9.
5. Alvarado, M., Cotton, T., and Ntaimo, L. “A simulation and optimization approach to scheduling chemotherapy appointments.” In Proceedings of the 2013 Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation, and Education Conference, Orlando, FL. Dec. 1-5, 2013. Paper no. 13029: 1-11.