- J. Geunes, E. Akcalı, P.M. Pardalos, H.E. Romeijn, and Z.J. Shen, eds. Applications of Supply Chain Management and E-commerce Research in Industry, Springer, 2005.
- E. Akcalı. Recycling. In J.J. Cochran (Editor in Chief), Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science, Wiley, 2011.
- M.J. Cote, M.A. Smith, D. Eitel, and E. Akcalı. Forecasting the demand for emergency department services. In J. Shiver and D. Eitel (Eds.), Optimizing Emergency Department Throughput: Operations Management Solutions for Health Care Decision Makers, CRC Press, 2010.
- A. Alptekinoglu, A. Grasas, and E. Akcalı. Is Assortment Selection a Popularity Contest? A Study of Assortment, Return Policy and Pricing Decisions of a Retailer. In S. Netessine and C.S. Tang (Eds.), Consumer-Driven Demand and Operations Management Models, Springer, 2009.
- I. Karakayalı, E. Akcalı, S. Cetinkaya, and H. Uster. Capacitated replenishment and disposal planning for multiple products with resalable returns, Annals of Operations Research, 2013, v 203, n 1, 325-350.
- M.J. Cote, M.A. Smith, D.R. Eitel, and E. Akcalı. Forecasting emergency department arrivals:
A tutorial for emergency department directors, Hospital Topics, 2013, v 91, n 1, p 9-19.
- E. Akcalı and S. Cetinkaya. Quantitative models for inventory and production planning in closed-loop supply chains, International Journal of Production Research, 2011, v 49, n 8, p 2373-2407.
- I. Karakayalı, H. Emir-Farinas, and E. Akcalı. Pricing and recovery planning for demanufacturing operations with multiple used products and multiple reusable components, Computers & Industrial Engineering, 2010, v 59, n 1, p 55-63.
- E. Akcalı, S. Cetinkaya, and H. Uster. Network design for reverse and closed-loop supply chains: an annotated bibliography of models and solution approaches, Networks, 2009, v 53, n 3, p 231-248.
- E. Akcalı and Z.P. Bayındır. Analyzing the effects inventory cost allocation policies in a disassembly and recovery environment, International Journal of Production Research, 2008, v 46, n 10, p 267–288.
- H. Uster, G. Easwaran, E. Akcalı and S. Cetinkaya. Benders decomposition with alternative multiple cuts for a multi-product closed-loop supply chain network design model, Naval Research Logistics, 2007, v 54, n 8, p 890–907.
- M. Yavuz and E. Akcalı. Production smoothing in just-in-time manufacturing systems: a review of models and solution approaches, International Journal of Production Research, 2007, v 45, n 16, p 3579–3597.
- I. Karakayalı, H.E. Farinas, and E. Akcalı. An analysis of decentralized collection and processing operations for end-of-life products, Journal of Operations Management, 2006, v 25, n 6, p 1161–1183.
- I.S. Bakal and E. Akcalı. Effects of random yield in reverse supply chains with price-sensitive supply and demand, Production & Operations Management, 2006, v 15, n 3, p 407–420.
- E. Akcalı, M.J. Cote, and C.-I. Lin. A network flow approach to optimizing hospital bed capacity decisions, Health Care Management Science, 2006, v 9, n 3, p 391–404.
- M. Yavuz, E. Akalı, and S. Tufekci. A hybrid meta-heuristic for the batching problem in just- in-time flow shops, Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Analysis, 2006, v 5, n 3, p 371–393.
- M. Yavuz, E. Akcalı, and S. Tufekci. Optimizing production smoothing decisions via batch selection for mixed-model just-in-time manufacturing systems with arbitrary setup and processing times, International Journal of Production Research, 2006, v 44, n 15, p 3061–3082.
- S. Sindhuchao, H.E. Romeijn, E. Akcalı, and R. Boondiskulchok. An integrated inventory- routing system for multi-item joint replenishment with limited vehicle capacity, Journal of Global Optimization, 2005, v 32, n 1 p 93–118.
- E. Akcalı, A. Ungor, and R. Uzsoy. Short-term capacity allocation problem with tool and setup constraints, Naval Research Logistics, 2005, v 52, n 8, p 754–764.
- E. Akcali, K. Nemoto, and R. Uzsoy. Cycle time reduction for photolithography process in semiconductor manufacturing, IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 2001, v 14, n 1, p 48–56.
- E. Akcalı, R. Hamlin, T. McCullough, M. Davis, T. Teyner, and R. Uzsoy. A decision sup- port system for spare parts management in a wafer fabrication facility, IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, 2001, v 14, n 1, p 76–78.
- K. Nemoto, E. Akcalı, and R. Uzsoy. Quantifying the benefits of cycle time reduction in semiconductor wafer fabrication, IEEE Transactions on Components Packaging Manufacturing, 2000, v 23, n 1, p 39–47.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- E. Akcalı. T. Kassabova, T. Hart, and L. Corman. Creative Choreography and Storytelling Lab for Senior Design, Proceedings of the 2015 American Society of Engineering Education Southeast Section Conference, 2015.
- A. Soylu and E. Akcalı. Optimizing capacity ramp-up decisions in the semiconductor industry, Proceedings of the IIE Research Conference, 2006.
- I. Karakayalı and E. Akcalı. Decentralized collection and recovery operations for durable end-of-life products with multiple remanufacturable parts, Proceedings of the IIE Research Conference, 2006.
- E. Akcalı and M.A. Morse. Seeding strategies in remanufacturing, Proceedings of the IIE Research Conference, 2004.
- E. Akcalı and A. Ungor. Approximation algorithms for degree-constrained bipartite network flow, Lecture Notes in Computer Science: Computer and Information Sciences – ISCIS 2003, A. Yazıcı and C. S ̧ener (Eds.), 2003, v 2869, p 162–169. (Received ISCIS 2003 Best Paper Award.)
- E. Akcalı, R. Uzsoy, D. Hiscock, A. Moser, and T. Teyner. Alternative loading and dispatching policies for furnace operations in semiconductor manufacturing: A comparison by simulation, Proceedings of the 2000 Winter Simulation Conference, 2000, p 1428–1435.
Non-refereed Conference Proceedings
- E. Akcalı and R. Uzsoy. A sequential solution methodology for capacity allocation and lot scheduling problems for photolithography, Proceedings of the IEEE/CPMT International Electronics Manufacturing Technology (IEMT) Symposium 2000, p 374–381.
- E. Akcalı, R. Hamlin, T. Teyner, R. Uzsoy, and G. Venkatachalam. Spare parts inventory management for semiconductor wafer fabrication facilities, IEEE International Symposium on Semiconductor Manufacturing Conference, Proceedings 1997, p A17–A20.
- K. Nemoto, E. Akcalı, and R. Uzsoy. Quantifying the benefits of cycle time reduction in semi- conductor wafer fabrication, Proceedings of the IEEE/CPMT International Electronic Manufacturing Technology (IEMT) Symposium 1996, p 130–136.
- E. Akcalı, E. Eskigun, D.M. Kulkarni, and J.D. Tew. Issues in remanufacturing and implica- tions for the automotive industry, Technical Report MSR-096, General Motors R&D, Warren, Michigan, 2003.
- E. Akcalı, S. Yoruk, E. Foster, D.M. Kulkarni, J.D. Tew, M.W. Carman, J. Gugel, M. Harper, and C.J. Thomas. Use of the integrated core charge and inventory management (ICCIM) model for decision support at GMSPO: An application to GEN III engines, Technical Report CL-2004- 24-/MSR, General Motors R&D, Warren, Michigan, 2004.
- E. Akcalı, S. Yoruk, E. Foster, D.M. Kulkarni, J.D. Tew, M.W. Carman, J. Gugel, M. Harper, and C.J. Thomas. User Manual for the Integrated Core Charge and Inventory Management (ICCIM) model, Technical Report CL-2004-25-/MSR, General Motors R&D, Warren, Michigan, 2004.
- E. Akcalı, S. Y ̈oru ̈k, E. Eskigun, E. Foster, D.M. Kulkarni, J.D. Tew, M.W. Carman, J. Gugel, M. Harper, and C.J. Thomas. Integrated core charge and inventory management (ICCIM) problem for remanufacturable automotive parts, Technical Report CL-2004-26-/MSR, General Motors R&D, Warren, Michigan, 2004.
- E. Akcalı, E. Foster, D.M. Kulkarni, and J.D. Tew. A review of the issues in the design of end- of-life vehicle collection and processing networks and a mathematical programming approach, Technical Report CL-2005-05-/MSR, General Motors R&D, Warren, Michigan, 2005.